2016 KIBF Bike Giveaway Enter below for your chance to win a new bike from BicycleSPACE.
Share your KIBF photos on social @bicyclespace .
Winner announced between 6:30 and 6:50pm before Spirit Family Reunion
What started as small grassroots show has blossomed into one of the city's best festivals! This will be our 6th year leading a ride to Kingman Island, a hidden gem on the Anacostia river. Every Spring we look forward to bringing people to this great space and enjoying awesome local music. Join us for a ride to the festival (purchase festival tickets separately). The ride meets at 10am at 440 K Street and ends at 11:30am at Kingman Island, where you get early access to festival and a bike valet. The ride is a casual social ride that will wind along the river on streets and multi-use paths to Kingman Island.
Know your roots
Get know the local watershed. Check out some of the great roads and trails the feed into the Anacostia River.
Sligo Creek Parkway - Not dissimilar to Rock Creek Park, treelined roads and paved trails wind along the creek from Hyattsville to Forest Glen, MD. Closed to commercial vehicles and closed to all cars Sundays
Anacostia Riverwalk Trails - ride along either side of the river from Nats Stadium to Benning Road on this paved multi-use trails. The best way to get to Kingman Island!
Anacostia Tributary Trails - paved multi-use trail extends from Bladensburg to Greenbelt to Wheaton
Check out more Anacostia Trails: www.anacostiatrails.org/bike-trails
Here are some our favorite accessories for riding to the festival...
- Showers Pass Crossover Jacket - you know April Showers...
- Nutcase Dots Helmet - colorful heads prevail
- Brooks England Cambium C17 Levis edition - blue denim goes well with bluegrass
- Ortlieb Classic Roller - a waterproof pannier with tons of capacity
- Abus Bordo - foldable lock that expands to make locking up easy
- Giro Siv Gloves - keeps your palms comfy and ready for knee slapping
- Light and Motion Urban 350 - illuminates the trail for the ride home
- Green Guru Pouch - made from upcycled tubes, perfect all your pouch needs
- Topeak Road Morph - mini pump with foot pad and long hose makes fix-a-flats a breeze
Get your bluegrass fix early, check out these upcoming shows at Mr. Henry's Rastaurant